Podcasts are provided for private, non-commercial use only. You may not edit, modify, or redistribute the podcasts without prior permission from CliffCentral.com
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on CliffCentral’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences or communicating this to us.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of users where age-restrictions may apply.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve CliffCentral’s products and programmes, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a competition, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where our CliffCentral programmes are heard so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. CliffCentral may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the CliffCentral.com website. When customers click one of these URLs, they might pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
At times CliffCentral may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with us to provide products and services, or that help CliffCentral market to our customers. Personal information will only be shared by CliffCentral to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
CliffCentral might in time share personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever CliffCentral operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for CliffCentral to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
CliffCentral.com takes the security of your personal information very seriously. When your personal data is stored by CliffCentral, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. When you use some CliffCentral fora, services, or applications or post on a CliffCentral social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using CliffCentral products and services. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, without first receiving verifiable parental consent we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
To provide location-based services on future versions of the CliffCentral App, CliffCentral and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by us and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, your device may share its geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
The CliffCentral website, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may, in time, also use or offer products or services from third parties − for example, a third‑party app. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to our employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
CliffCentral.com [One On One Productions (PTY) Ltd.]. 18 Wessel Road, Rivonia, Johannesburg, 2128, South Africa.