SwallowedSpoon

In a very freak accident, a 22-year-old student in China swallowed a 14cm spoon, which then had to be surgically removed.

Zhang Weiwei was chatting while eating an ice-cream and walking back to her dorm room when a friend saw her and jumped on her back to greet her.

The girl got such a fright that she swallowed the entire metal spoon.

Doctors managed to pull the spoon back up her throat and out of her mouth in an operation that lasted just 10 minutes.

 

A Spoonful of… Spoon?

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>